Internet Usage Policy
DisclaimerThe Internet and its available resources contain a wide variety of material and opinions from varied points of view. In offering Internet access, library staff cannot control access points which often change rapidly and unpredictably. Not all sources on the Internet provide accurate, complete or current information. Users need to be good information consumers, assessing the validity of the information. The library cannot be held responsible for the accuracy or reliability of information or any improper use of our electronic resources. Patrons should be aware that material available on the Internet is not censored or filtered. Parents of minor children must assume responsibility for their children and the material they access. The Gunn Memorial Library assumes no responsibility for any damages, direct or indirect, arising from use of its World Wide Web server or from its connections to other Internet providers.
- All Internet users must have a valid library card.
- Internet users must sign in and out at the Circulation Desk.
- Library staff's availability to assist users with Internet access is limited. Users should have basic computer skills. Internet instruction is available; please check at the circulation desk.
- Access to the Internet is limited to 30 minutes per session. If no one is waiting, patron may continue to use the Internet for an additional session.
- There is no charge for the first five pages of printing. After that pages can be printed at a cost of 10 cents per page.
- Users may not add bookmarks. Users may only download files to a disk purchased from the library.
- Students under the age of 15 may use the Internet if they have a library-generated permission slip on file. Please ask at circulation desk for further information. Children under the age of 6 may not use the computers unless supervised by a parent or adult guardian.
- The Gunn Memorial Library cannot assume responsibility for the content of the Internet, as it is unable to control or monitor the information that is available.
- Any misuse of the computers may result in suspension of privileges.
- Patrons may send e-mail; however, privacy and security cannot be assured.
Home | What's Up | Index | About Us | Catalog & Links | Kids | Blogs | Museum | Contact Us